Last modified: 9/9/16
The Wahl Group (“Company,” “we,” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website http://www.theartofvision.com/ (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
· On this Website.
· In e-mail, text and any other electronic messages between you and this Website.
· When you interact with our advertising on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected:
· Offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
· By any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to, or on, the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, or on or through any of its features/functionality, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may be available on this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13-years old without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
· By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information”);
· About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details such as the date, time, and length of your connection to our Website.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us. When you directly provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
· From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, placing an order, and/or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk and be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons if you choose to share this information publicly or with other Users.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
· Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your browser to let websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. The Wahl Group does not currently respond to, or honor, Do Not Track signals or requests from your browser.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may, from time to time, contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, opened an e-mail, and/or for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our Website and its contents to you.
· To fulfill orders that you place on our Website.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration, password change, or other alterations to your account.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our products that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized, and/or non-identifying information about our users without restriction.
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Wahl Group’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Wahl Group about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Wahl Group, our customers or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The below information is provided to help you make those choices:
· Promotional Offers from The Wahl Group. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can (1) opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail, (2) by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, or (3) by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our servers behind firewalls, and is password protected. All payment details are stored on secure servers hosted by Authorize.net, transmission of which is PCI DSS compliant.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. Any user of the Website may view the information you share in public areas.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.